The mission of the Office of International Programs (OIP) is to expose students to the international dimensions of undergraduate education and to help expand the international component of Benedict’s teaching, research, and service mission. The OIP also seeks to prepare students to fully participate in the socially conscious aspects of U.S. society and to continue the struggle to move the U.S. closer to global justice through equality for all.
Established in 2000, the OIP functions under the Office of the President, working closely with the Office of Academic Affairs and the Office of Student Affairs.
What We Do
- Advise students interested in study abroad and international internships;
- Maintain updated lists of approved study abroad and summer internship placements;
- Advise students applying for scholarships, many of which fund study and research abroad;
- Provide on-going support for students participating in international programs, from pre-departure to re-entry;
- Process courses for approved semester and summer programs abroad;
- Develop and support study and internship programs abroad in conjunction with academic departments and programs;
Educate the campus community about College travel policies and emergency procedures abroad.
- Advise students interested in applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT);
- Benedict College is committed to providing undergraduates with high quality opportunities to enrich and expand their education through approved travel and interaction with the peoples, cultures, and contemporary concerns of other regions around the world.