Visas & Immigration


The information that follow is provided by the Office of International Programs (OIP) to help you get to Benedict College in appropriate immigration status in compliance with U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and United States Citizens and Immigration Service (USCIS) regulations.

U.S. government regulations require you to attend the school that issues the Eligibility Visa document (I-20, for F-1 students, DS 2019 for Exchange students/visitors), needed to make an initial entrance to the United States. Given that you plan to enroll at Benedict College, you must use your certificate of eligibility (Form I-20, or DS-2019). It may be very difficult to transfer to Benedict College if you enter the country using documents issued by another school unless you have attended the other school full time for at least one academic session, and follow transfer-in procedures.