Once you have been accepted to a study abroad or exchange program, there are several important steps that you must complete before you depart for your program. Review Benedict College Post-Acceptance Guide)(Change PDF) for Study Abroad Students for detailed instructions about the requirements you must complete.
The required Benedict College forms that are explained in the Post-Acceptance Guide are accessible here:
Forms for Programs Administered by Benedict College:
- Preliminary Overseas Course Approval Form (Change PDF)
- Financial Arrangement Form (Change PDF)
- Prior Approval for Transfer Credit Form (Change PDF)
- Academic Leave of Absence Form (Change PDF) (For students on Fall, Spring and Academic Year programs only)
The deadlines for submission of the above forms are:
- December 1 for Winter Intersession and Spring programs, and
- May 1 for Summer, Fall and Academic Year programs
Students who will be participating on non-Benedict programs should visit the OIE to find out which forms they will need to submit.
In addition to the steps explained above, you will also need to complete these other important steps:
- Apply for a passport, if you don’t already have one. If you have a passport, check its expiration date to make sure that it will be valid for six months after your return date. If not, renew your passport right away. View information about how to renew your passport.
- Find out if you will need any travel documents (e.g. visas or residence permits) in addition to a passport before you depart. Travel document requirements vary depending on the study abroad program length and citizenship of students. To review travel information specific to your study abroad destination, including visa requirements, check the U.S. Department of State website, as well as the website of the country’s embassy or consulate nearest you (many consulates are in New York City). The study abroad office of the campus that administers your program should be consulted about the required travel documents for your program.